Welcome to the Broceliande countryside
Table of Contents
- « Terre Compagne », the ecology in practice…
- Contact and place
- The rural lodge / holiday cottage
- The B&B accomodation
- The camp site on the farm
- « Table d’hôtes », our farm-fresh meals
- The farm
- How to get here
- Internet connexion
- Accepted payment methods
- Comparative chart « rural lodge »/ « B&B »
- To know more
« Terre Compagne », the ecology in practice…
We are Corinne and Yvon and we have managed « Terre Compagne », a small rural enterprise in Médréac (Brittany), since 2013. We cultivate a micro-farm (fruits and vegetables, apple trees and some sheep and hens). We are happy to welcome you here. Wether you stay in our holiday cottage (4 or 6 people), in our three B&B rooms (1 to 8 people) or on the camp site, we hope you find your visit peaceful and restorative. You can ask for a homemade table d’hôtes for lunch or dinner. The lodge and two of the B&B rooms are located in an old XVIIIe century barn and one B&B room is located in our home. La Basse Bouëxière, our hamlet, is only 30 minutes from Rennes, 30 minutes from the “Forêt de Brocéliande” and 45 minutes from the “Côte d’Emeraude” (see practical informations).
The old barn was enterely renovated using ecological materials (straw, cob, hemp, wood wool) and some old techniques (floor made in distaffs of mixed earth and hay). Particular care and attention was given to the renovation in order to reach a high level of air quality and a good phonic insolation. Domestic hot water is heated primarily by solar panels, the purge of waste water is made by plants and the heat is provided by a wood pellet stove.
We welcome equestrians (grass paddock) and cyclists (garage).
We look forward to welcoming you to La Basse Bouëxière !
Contact and place
|Landline||+33 2 99 07 20 45|
|Address||Corinne DEBOOS and Yvon LE CARO|
La Basse Bouëxière n°9, 35360 Médréac, Brittany, France
|GPS||lat. : 48. 255163 ; long. : -2.05854|
The rural lodge / holiday cottage
Our rural lodge (4 or 6 people), rented for a week, a week-end or half a week, is located between the Broceliande forest and the Channel’s “Côte d’Emeraude” (Saint-Malo). Farm accomodation enables you to get a taste of the landscapes and the way-of-life of the Brittany countryside
The B&B accomodation
Our three B&B rooms (chambres d’hôtes) can be rented one or several nights, homemade breakfast included. We offer an “Overnight stay” package for one lodger and a « Week-end » package for two lodgers.
The camp site on the farm
Without any specific appliance, our camp site welcomes you (up to 6 persons) for a short stay
« Table d’hôtes », our farm-fresh meals
Corinne cooks her « Table d’hôtes » (24 €, children under 12 : 14€) using homegrown and local produce, when booked in advance and depending on availability.
This 2.5-acre farm produces a variety of vegetables and fruits, and enables Corinne to prepare apple juice and various jams (using farm fruits, organic sugar, wood cook stove). Our farm is free of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides (organic certification by Ecocert), our food free of additives.
How to get here
By car :
- From Rennes take the road to Saint-Brieuc and exit at Montauban-de-Bretagne. Take the Médréac direction, La Basse Bouëxière is indicated on your right 1km before arriving to the town.
- From Saint-Brieuc, get off at Quédillac and take the Médréac direction. When arrived at the town, turn right, direction Montauban-de-Bretagne. La Basse Bouëxière is indicated on your left (3rd entry on the left after leaving Médréac town).
By train :
The TGVs (direct from Brest, Paris, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Strasbourg) then the TERs will bring you at the SNCF train station of Montauban-de-Bretagne (8 km). Tell us how you are planning on travelling, there are possibilities to put your bikes in the train from Rennes, and to reach la Basse Bouëxière in 30 minutes, or to take a cab.
By Bus :
From the road station, in relay of « Macron » coaches or of the TGVs, the Illenoo line 12a (direction « Saint-Méen” or “Loudéac”) brings you at the Montauban-de-Bretagne center (7km). Then, you have to take a taxi.
By plane :
The airport Rennes-Saint-Jacques offer regular flights from several European towns: Paris, Amsterdam, London, Dublin, Exeter, Cork, Manchester, Southampton, Dubrovnik, Lyon, Ajaccio, Bastia, Nice, Marseille, Toulouse, Barcelona, Bordeaux, Malaga, Corfou, Palermo… (see the “flight connections map” for indirect flights). You can rent a car (Avis, Hertz, Entreprise, Sixt, Europcar) or go to Rennes by the STAR bus number 57 and then take another bus (line Illenoo 12a) or the train for Montauban-de-Bretagne.
Wifi: available. An Ethernet cable connection is also available.
Landline phone: possibility to call at the house
Mobile phone: the network national agency (ARCEP) notices that La Basse Bouëxière is in a “limited zone” (SFR and Bouygues netwoks) or “satisfying zone” (Orange and Free networks) for the digital cover but the fact is that you often need to go outside to phone!
Television: a 82cm television is available in the renovated barn, ask for it.
Table of availability of the lodge for 4 people.
Table of availability of the lodge for 6 people.
To know the availability of the B&B rooms, consult the page of Terre Compagne on the Accueil Paysan website (tab “accommodation” under the photos, then “prices and availability” in the pavement of the chosen room).
To know if you can stay in the small camp site, just write an email or call by phone.
Accepted payment methods
Six payment methods are accepted:
- Cash (euros);
- Check payable to « Corinne Deboos »;
- Credit or debit cards ( Visa, MasterCard, American Express…);
- Interbank transfer (ask for our IBAN);
- Bons Kdo "Terre Compagne" (gift vouchers)
- Bons KDO "Accueil Paysan" (gift vouchers)
- For tourism (the lodge, the B&B rooms, the table d’hôtes) you can also use the “chèques vacances” from the French holiday agency ANCV.
Comparative chart « rural lodge »/ « B&B »
The people who book the family room sometimes hesitate between « Holiday cottage » and « B&B »: this little chart enables you to choose according to your needs.
|Prices||For the night(s)||For the week, week-end or mid-week|
|Prices according to seasons||No||Yes|
|Breakfast||Included||No (besides punctual option)|
|Kitchen access||No, except tea and coffee making facilities||Yes|
|End of stay housework||Included||By the tenant (except option)|
|Cleaning while staying||Included (implemented according to your wishes)||By the tenant|
|Sheets and pillow cover||Furnished, beds made in advance||Brought by the tenant (except option) the tenant makes his bed|
|Bathroom linen||Furnished||Brought by the tenant (except option)|
|Supplies (toilet paper, cleaning products, shower gel…)||Included||Brought by the tenant|
|Table d’hôtes||Possible on reservation||Possible on reservation|
|Week-end||Package for 2 people incl. a diner and 2 breakfast||Possible (60% of the week’s price)|
|Overnight stay package (for 1 person)||Yes||No|
To know more
To find us on the Web, you cannot use Airbnb or Booking, because we do not support some features of their economic model; here are some websites that know about Terre Compagne:
- Accueil paysan (labelling for farming and tourism) : also in English !
- Le Guide du Routard "Bretagne Nord" 2022-23 (points us as a stage in the Pays de Bécherel)
- Bio et bien-être (directory of ecological resources, in French)
- Cyberevasion & gites.fr (directory of accomodation locations, in English)
- France-Voyages (directory of accomodation locations, in English)
- Comité départemental du Tourisme d’Ille-et-Vilaine (who awarded 3 stars to our holiday cottage)
- Tourist office of the Pays de Saint-Méen / Montauban in Brocéliande for the cottage and the B&B rooms
- French National Agency for Holidays Vouchers (ANCV, directory of holidays providers)
- The municipality of Médréac
- Agence Bio (organic farming certification)
- Google maps (location of the farm, feedback from guests)